Thursday, May 16, 2013

White With 1 May challenge

The May challenge at White With 1 was to create a layout that was white with black and include banners or badges or both.

This photo is of my DD dressed up as a zombie when her class performed Ghost Busters at the school Christmas concert a couple of years ago. Her long hair looked amazing teased and with flour? in it but it was a right pain to comb through that night after she had washed it. I think it took a couple of hours!

For the challenge I went with the badges and used a couple of Flair badges from Dlish Scraps. I had fun creating the background. I used a large Crafters Workshop Chevron mask and black paint and then a small chevron mask and some texture paste. I also stamped using a couple of Kaisercraft background stamps and splashed some Black Dylusion around the page. Then a layered bits of scrap black and white paper and some corrugated cardboard and some Green Tara black web ribbon that seemed fitting. Added some washi tape from Purple Pumpkin and Teresa Collins. I also have a large ghost fabric button from Purple Pumpkin and a person paperclip from Big W, I think. Used a dymo to create my sentiments, added a wooden black and white button and used a couple of stamps from Pink Paislee Portfolio. Then added my title using AC thickers and some chevrons from Prima.




4 comments:

  1. This is awesome, the techniques go so well with the photo, I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour combo for this pic.....loving all the ghostly additions & the patterns. I'm too scared to give this one a go. Just too far outta the comfort zone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page Judith! Your daughter makes a gorgeous zombie! :) Thanks for joining in at WW1 xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome layout Judith...fab photo.... love the background, the layers, and the badges. Thanks for playing along at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete