Friday, May 17, 2013

Scrap Your Story challenge #11 and Frosted Design challenge

In contrast to my last layout I decided to do something more graphic and simple for this one.
It is based on Challenge 11 at Scrap Your Story, which is a sketch challenge. I also combined it with the current challenge at Frosted Designs which was to use black, white and another colour - in my case red.



Here is the sketch I used. I kept pretty much to the sketch but used washi tape for my stripes and a couple of bits of 12 inch border stickers I had left. I used some very old Bella rubon to create the lines around the photos. I replaced the stars with Studio Calico Wood Veneer aeroplanes painted black.

10 comments:

  1. Love the clean lines of this one! And the little plane chippy (?) ... how perfect!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great - I'm such a fan of clean & simple, & rarely achieve it myself...so nice to see someone else do it well!!! Those airplanes are cute & LOVE your washi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is stunning, the photos stand out and the colours and embellishements you have used just bring it all together. Thank you for sharing and entering the Black, White + 1 Challenge at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of washi tape. I love that. Photos are wonderful. Great layout. Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty stinkin' awesome! I love the modifications - using the washi instead of a paper strip and those air planes are perfect. And way to bust out an older product and make it fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great layout love your washi tape and the wood veneers! Thanks for joining us for the black, white and one color challenge at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome, love the play of colors, everything is in such perfect balance! Thanks for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs B/W + 1 color challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the black and red combo! Those little airplane embellishments are fabulous, and I love the rubon frames around the photos! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - this is really cool! I love the planes! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the clean and simple look, but there is still just so much interest with the borders and the strips and those planes!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story last week!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete