Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Out of the Hat December entry

Actually managed to get some scrapping done on the weekend. This is my entry for the Out of the Hat December challenge. The criteria were: use polka dots, handcutting (chosen by me), and use a rubon. I created this layout using Bo Bunny Alyssa (my 4th layout using this pp) and a piece of Kaiser dotted paper.

I have also been working on some guest designer stuff for Mad About Scrapping but I can't show you that yet.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Some Christmas craft

Haven't done any scrapping for the last 2 weeks until yesterday but I need to take a photo so in the meantime I thought I'd show you some of the Christmas craft I have been doing.

I made this Kaisercraft advent calendar for Eleanor using Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses.

A close up. There is Kindyglitz on the characters in the middle and when it's darkish in the dining room the Kindyglitz shines.

Last week, I was making these for Eleanor's teachers and the 4 local lollipop ladies. I filled them with chocolates.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A few layouts

Last weekend I took part in Scrapbooking Stock's first cybercrop and had great deal of fun doing all the challenges.

First challenge was to do a layout using a sketch provided. This is my interpretation of it. Used Kaisercraft Duchess range.

Challenge 2 was to create a Christmas card. I used Kaisercraft Christmas Carnival range for this.

Challenge 3 was to creat a layout using stamps. This is a layout about my son's appearance on the front page of the local newspaper. I have stamped newspaper print on the title using a Prima stamp and used some Kaisercraft stamps to stamp the embellishments down the side.

The 4th challenge was to create a Christmas decoration. I created this quilled snowflake. First time I've ever done any quilling. Instructions can be found here

Challenge 5 was to create a layout based on a holiday/weekend theme. I finally got to scrap this picture of camels on Cable Beach in Broome. I've been wanting to use this Basic Grey Marrakech pp for this for ages.

Finally, challenge 6 was to create a layout with 11 letters in the title, 11 buttons and 11 pieces of patterned paper. I used Bella Boulevard Flirty pp for this.

Finally, a couple of layouts I did for November challenges.
The first one was for the sketch challenge over at Anna's Craft Cupboard. Sassafras Lass Me Likey pp was perfect for these photos.

Secondly, my entry for Out of the Hat November challenge, where we had to use a die cut paper, 3 photos of different sizes and a tree. I have used Crate paper Season pp.