Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oodles of Echo Park


Good afternoon, I hope you had a happy Scrapbooking Day yesterday. I have been taking part in a few competitions on the Internet and decided to have a go at one of the scrapping comps over at Echo Park.

This is for their challenge #4 10x the love in which you had to create a layout using 10 papers or stickers or brads etc.
I chose to use 10 different papers from the This and That Charming range. Some are from the 12 x 12, some are from the 6x6 pad. I think this is one of my most favourite of all the ranges Echo Park has put out.
I also had a play with my Silhouette Machine that I got for my birthday. It's been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now and I finally plucked up courage to use it! I was a bit scared it wasn't going to cut properly (I had this problem with another electronic cutting machine I owned). It cut this circle pattern out fine. This design was what I had been wanting it for.



This weekend I have also managed to get a layout done for challenge #69 over at CSI. Coincidently, it too uses Echo Park pps, though they are from a mix of ranges.


Here is the case file.


I used all the colours. My evidence is house, circles, metal (washers), stripes (red pp). My testimony was to journal about an unlikely friendship - me and my washing machine (a bit tongue in cheek). It wasn't working properly this week and as it is 20 years old we were considering getting a new one. The morning we were going to the shops I asked my DH to drain it just to see if something was blocking it. Anyway there was a 5c coin in the outflow pipe. We gave it another chance and it worked fine. PS I also used my Silhouette to cut out the words which replicate the program panel on the washing machine.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Judith I love the take on the #69 challenge what a great idea, its amazing. I also love the circles from the 'silly' machine, it seems to be able to cut any shape or form. I must check this machine out. Hope you enjoyed the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu've got a Silly for your birthday too...mine was April 12 - when was yours??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Silly....& look at those circles - & isn't it easy???!!! Gorgeous LO you've done...bet they like it at EP, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on doing the first cut on your Silhouette machine Judith! It looks beautiful. I love that design. Both are grogeous layouts. :)

    ReplyDelete