Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Page Maps Sketch Competition

I saw this wonderful sketch on the Simple Stories Blog last week and was delighted to discover that there was actually a competition on PageMaps to create a layout using it. The only added criteria was that you had to feature borders. 

I had originally planned on using two smaller photos as per the sketch but when I printed them out on the home printer the pink was way off so I was left with either one or two 4x6 photos. They say that necessity is the mother of invention so I decided to use one 4x6 and turn the sketch 90 degrees. I think it turned out ok. I used Doodlebug Take Note pp and border stickers for the vertical stripes plus a piece of chevron washi tape.




Here is the sketch on which the layout is based.

3 comments:

  1. Those stripes are just WAY to cute! like that 'confetti' in the bg too. Gorgeous photo:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Judith, your color choices are perfect for this photo. Really bright and fun :)

    ReplyDelete