Friday, May 10, 2013

Scrap Your Story Challenge #10

Just scraping this one in with 2 hours to go. The challenge this week at Scrap Your Story was to scrap favourites. I've been mulling it over all week and finally decided to give it a go this morning and scrap about my favourite TV shows on at the moment. I had the idea for the collage of photos and that worked out fine.
When I sat down to do the layout, the finished layout ended up completely different from how I'd imagined it.   I remembered I had some Jillibean Soup pp with TV's on so that was my starting point. I thought of concentrating on the blues and reds of the photo with some grey. However, I couldn't find a grey I liked and the other colours were going to make it too dark. So I decided on the base aqua paper which is from the  Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup Collection. As it happens I got a collection pack of Teresa Collins Memories this week and it was sitting on the floor next to my desk. I decided to have a look at it and saw the film strip paper and thought that would go well. Then I noticed the grey spotted paper and thought that too was perfect. Then I noticed the Schedule journalling card and was going to pop that behind my photo and had started cutting it out when I thought I could write what nights the shows were on. So quickly it came together completely different from how I'd set off. I did end up cutting a TV out of the original Jillibean Soup paper I had intended using.
Anyway I like how it ended up.


6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea!!! Fantastic lo!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Your Story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, you squeezed this one in! The way you've used that film strip is great...I love them, but always find them hard to put in somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool layout. I love it. The film strip the photos and the journalling in the days of the week. I love those shows too except I have not seen Call the midwife. Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to document your favorite shows! The film strip is perfect. I'm so glad you could join us at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOVE the way you interpreted the challenge! :) Thanks for sharing your favorite at Scrap Your Story this week. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a fab idea. i think i'll steal it and start a page about my fav foods

    ReplyDelete