Wednesday, May 7, 2014

White with 1 May challenge

Yay, I've scrapped my first non DT layout in 2 months. I really loved the colour for this months White with 1 challenge - Gold with white. It was difficult what to use as I seem to have accumulated quite a bit of gold things lately.  Anyway this is what I created :

It was a big birthday last month and to make it more memorable I decided to do something memorable. I went on the Tall Orders experience at Werribee Zoo which included feeding the giraffes, one of my favourite animals. It was quite an experience. They are incredibly strong when pulling leaves from the branches you are holding. They also have incredibly long tongues and I had one wrapped around my hand when feeding them carrot.
Here are a couple of close ups. I used a FWAB flower here, some gold painted chipboard and cut out some leaves from gold foil card using a Spellbinders die. 


I got back into using stencils. This was a new one I bought recently. I used some Viva Decor Gold texture paste. Didn't quite turn out as gold as I thought it would.


I also used some gold craft wire to encircle the photo. This is really easy to manipulate. I attached the wire with a few stitches using gold thread. Another technique I tried on this layout was foiling. In the bottom left  hand corner you can see some gold that looks a bit like embossing. But I used some glue and a stamp and then put some gold foil on top. I'm not sure I had the right glue but it looked ok for what I wanted.


Anyway, thanks for looking and hopefully I will get a lot more scrapping done this month.

Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. This looks lovely, what a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful ! your layout is just magic
    and i love the photography of this giraffe
    best regards from France

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect photo for this challenge! And I know what you mean about accumulating gold bits and pieces!! Beautiful page, thanks for joining us st WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Judith and what an incredible photo!!! I look forward to you joining us at WW1 again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold and it works so well with the photo, I never would have thought to do it with the gold. thanks for playing along with WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layout Judith... I love the background texture paste... so cool. Thanks for playing at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh how amazing Judith I just adore the different shades of Gold you have ended up with and wow how cool is that gold wire circle frame? Love that you have used FWAB flower too! Thanks so much for joining us at White with 1 this month and goodluck! Blessings from Amy Prior xx

    ReplyDelete