Friday, May 9, 2014

Scrap the Boys May challenge

This months challenge over at Scrap the Boys was to get grungy/messy. 

Well I certainly did that using a mixture of gelatos and black Dylusion spray, The Crafters Workshop stencils, Kaisercraft stamp and Viva Decor Ferro texture paste to create the background. I then matted my photo on some black cardstock and corrugated card. The photo was framed with a Blue Fern chipboard circle piece that I coloured with black Dylusion spray and then partly embossed with black embossing power. I had intended to emboss it all but somehow managed to lose the embossing powder in the middle of the process (I later discovered that it had rolled along the floor into another room). So I just used the excess powder I had and it made it more grungy being partly embossed. To finish off I added some metal washers and Charms Creations chevrons.

As soon as DD and I heard the quote from Batman off the Lego Movie that he only works in black and sometimes v v dark grey, we immediately thought of my son who only wears black or grey.


Here are a couple of close ups.



Thanks for looking.

Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. I saw this come up on my Facebook feed and I was blown away, this is awesome Judith - Thanks for playing along on Scrap the Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for Scrap the Boys - Love all the dark mixed media. Grunge central. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grunge-a-licious! Just boy perfection! Looove the embossing thing going on...& circles! gotta get myself summa those:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Judith, you've done a fabulous job with the grungy look!!! Absolutely love what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is perfection. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work Judith, love the embossed chippy and the spotty textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Judith, love all the details, layers and theme behind your layout - awesome take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete