Friday, February 21, 2014

LESSology Challenge #33 Happy Mail

Back again with another layout to share. As soon as I saw this challenge on Lizzy Hill's blog I knew I had to have a go at it. The challenge is to use an envelope on your project and to recycle something. 
Last August, we went to see Pink in concert in Melbourne. It meant we had to stay the night as the concert finished too late to catch a train home and DH doesn't like driving late at night especially in the city. Eleanor had wanted to stay at The Langham ever since seeing it on The Block a few years ago. So we decided to surprise her (an extra birthday present as it was only a few days after her birthday). It lived up to her expectations but unfortunately we didn't actually get to spend too much time there. The kids weren't able to leave school early as my son had a VCE SAC so we didn't arrive in the city until after 5pm. Then we had to get something to eat. We checked into the hotel and soon it was time to go to the concert. We didn't get back until after midnight. Then my son left at 6.30am as he had a school chess tournament. Eleanor and I had breakfast with DH who works just round the corner and then left about 9am to get back to Bacchus Marsh as DD also insisted on going into school that day.
Anyway, I collected lots of momentos (as you do). I had an envelope, some writing paper and the information sheet that was on the bed when we arrived. There was also the key holder and a soap box from the bathroom. They had been sitting around waiting for me to do something with them.
So I used them on my page. 
The information sheet had the pink and gold on the back so I have used it as a base for my photos. I slipped the envelope behind it leaving the flap showing.
  
I wrote my journalling on the piece of notepaper and placed it in the envelope.

I stuck the key holder on my page and made a little mini album from the soap box.


I've included photos of Eleanor and The Langham. 


Another close up showing the journalling inside the envelope and mini album.


Although the design may not be the greatest it's allowed me to use up my momentos and tell a story I've been wanting to scrap for a while.

Thanks for looking

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout! Love that you used your momentos to tell the story. It looks like a cosy hotel.:)

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so, sooooo clever...oh, my! The luxury...what a shame you didn't have more time to simply WALLOW in it!!! But it shows even here...no wonder you had these mementos from the hotel......LOOOOVE how you created the extra journaling/photo spots....LOOOVE it...& glad I got you scrapping so you can rub you hands & smugly say...'There! Done ANNNND dusted':):):) Oh, & and so pleased to have you with us over at LESSology:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to preserve such a great memory. Love how you've included all your momentos on your layout. Beautiful page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! I love it! beautiful colors! thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete