Thursday, March 21, 2013

Scrap Your Story Challenge #3


Good afternoon. The weather is a bit wild and rough today. Poor DD has gone on a one day personal development and leadership camp. I think she might be a bit wet and muddy when she gets home.

Today I have a layout for Challenge #3 at Scrap Your Story to share with you. This week the challenge was based on a sketch. Last week, I visited my local scrapbooking store in Ballarat and they had just got in some new Doodlebug paper and accessories. It was lovely and bright and I bought quite a bit. Unfortunately, most of it is very busy and the 2 plain sides of paper didn't really go so I have used a bit of Simple Stories SNAP (the aqua) and just used the bold colours and designs of the Doodlebug sparingly. I also used a SNAP journalling card but cut out the bracket and backed it with Doodlebug paper. I also up lots of my Doodlebug alphas. Singlets had originally been in white but it was difficult to read so swapped it for some Rosa Moka black alphas.
I've wanted to record DD's obsession with singlets for a while. She now has one for every occasion or outfit and this paper seemed the perfect partner for the rainbow of colours that she has.


Here is the sketch that this is based on.




Before I go don't forget that Purple Pumpkin has a Design Team call out at the moment. 
Details can be found here
You have until 24th March. Why not give it ago!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Judith, at least your daughter has something other than a shoe collection and its probably a bit cheaper. I love the coloured chevron and the dotty scallops and bracket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love this layout. I think I have as many so I can totally relate... Love the papers and the photos and the fun title. Just a great layout and take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at SYS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thing to scrap! Love your multi color mixed font title! Thank you for playing along with SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The colors are fantastic (a private sneak for you -- be sure to check out my layout that goes live on Scrap Your Story tomorrow, I bet you'll love the colors)! This layout is just awesome! The title is perfect - love the different alphas. Seriously, love this one. Pinned it. ;-) Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I LOOOOOOVE that multi colored chevron pattern. Awesome take on the sketch. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Your Story this week! :) :)

    ReplyDelete