Thursday, April 2, 2015

Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry

Hi all. I've decided I'll have another go at the Kaisercraft Design Team after being unsuccessful last year.

Here are my projects -

First up I created a new layout using Off the Wall:


This is a layout about my son doing the ropes course at Currumbin last year. I created a background by inking through a Kaisercraft chevron stencil. Next I added paper and photos, which I had altered to make a mix of colour with a back and white. Next I added some embellishments and sentiments from the collectables and sticker sheet. Finally, I added my title, some sticker chevrons and some randomly placed Kaisercraft black pearls.

Here are a couple of close ups -




For my off the page item I decorated a Kaisercraft lantern using the Sandy Toes collection. I painted tops and bottom edges with Kaisercraft  Soft Moss paint and the inside and edges of the panels of the lantern with Sea Breeze paint. I then covered the panels with the blue side of Sea Shells pp and the top and bottom pieces with Sandy pp.


I then set about decorating with lots of bits and bobs. On the top I used some items from the collectables coupled with some real shells, Kaisercraft flowers, white muslin, string and pearls and half a wood veneer cog. I adhered the items using my hot glue gun. I also added a little bit of sand to give it a more seaside feel.



On the door, I added some pearl flourishes, some white muslin, Kaisercraft flowers, a sticker and a acrylic star fish.


Inside the lantern I added an altered photo of my family at the beach. In front of this I added some more sand. To embellish I added some more collectables and added a little glass jar with some glitter, and sequins inside with a little bit of muslin to bulk it up. I added some string around its neck. I again added a couple of real shells and some flowers.


Finally, I added a sticker signpost from the sticker sheet on the edge of the doorway pointing into the interior of the lantern.


For my final project I made a set of six simple Christmas cards using the Kaisercraft Mistletoe 6.5x6.5 paper pad, collectables and stickers, some square Kaisercraft cards, and some Kaisercraft cardstock. I added some Crystallina Kindy Glitz for a bit of sparkle.


Here's some close ups of each card.







Thanks for taking the time to look at my creations.

Judith xx




3 comments:

  1. These look wonderful Judith! I will keep everything crossed for you, all the best with your application!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a beautiful collection of creative output! I am blown away by your projects, Judith - knowing that I could never achieve that - layouts always scare me! Wishing you the very best of luck - you showcase Kaisercraft products so well!

    ReplyDelete