Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blue Fern Studio July Sketch challenge

Hi, I have a layout to share with you that I created for the Blue Fern Studios July sketch challenge. 
I am a keen gardener and have lots of photos of flowers from my garden so decided to create a layout about one of them. To create my background I have used a piece of Blue Fern Studio Ombre Dreams pattern paper which has a delicate pattern printed on it. I was impressed with how thick the paper is. To this I added some texture paste using a Crafters Workshop stencil and also stamped with a text stamp. I added a photo matted on another piece of Ombre Dreams paper and placed some Blue Fern Studio chipboard onto it. This piece of chipboard and all other pieces were first painted with gesso and then I used a mix of gelatoes and watercolour paint to create a soft colour.
IMG_5117
Then it was time to create my clusters. Here are some close ups. The chipboard leaves are also Blue Fern Studios.
IMG_5121
I have used a FWAB Chloe Pearl Flourish in Pearl which I cut up. Using one part on the bottom cluster and one part on the top cluster. I also used a piece of Blue Fern Studios for the title.IMG_5120
Both clusters include a mix of flowers but each one has a FWAB flower. For the top cluster I used a FWAB Elise flower in burnt orange.IMG_5119
And in the bottom cluster I have used a FWAB Maddison flower in pink.
IMG_5118
I also used some FWAB individual adhesive pearls in pearl. You can see one used as a centre of the small pink flower in the photo above. I also scattered a few around the page.
Here is the sketch on which my layout is based.
Thanks for looking.
Judith xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love the flowers and the hint of masking on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the chipboard you used, the frame around the flower, everything! Truly a beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us in the Blue Fern Studios July Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete