Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Berry71bleu July challenge canvas

Here is my entry for the Berry71bleu July challenge which was to include 3 different patterns on your project. Most of my scrapping is of the traditional variety so I thought I'd try something different and do a mixed media canvas and play around with a number of different mediums as well as some FWAB goodness.
IMG_4348
To create the background I gessoed a canvas and then  painted stripes of Twinkling H20 paints and normal watercolours paints and blended them with water. I then used 3 different stencils (circles, triangles and ? not sure what to call the third shape (it is a sort of brackety shape) and 3 different mediums: – Viva Decor stone art texture paste,
IMG_4354
Shimmerz Dazzelerz texture paste, which I then covered in gesso to tone it down,
IMG_4351
 and gel medium
IMG_4352
 I then set about creating a sea like scene. I painted some chipboard grasses and adhered them to the canvas. Then I overlaid them with FWAB Chloe Flourishes in blue and purple
IMG_4349
 I added some chipboard seahorses coated in Viva Decor Inka Gold Cobalt and added some FWAB individual adhesive pearls in purple along its tail.
IMG_4343
 Next I added my own version of the rainbow fish created with sequins.
IMG_4353
Finally, I added a quote and my canvas was finished.
Thanks for looking
Judithxx

6 comments:

  1. Love how you used media to make all your different patters, great canvas!! So glad you joined is at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mixed media patterns on this project! Beautiful colors, textures and details! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous canvas & excellent job on using different mediums to incorporate all sorts of patterns into your work. Excellent take on the challenge & thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome canvas! I love all the texture and bling! Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sea/water theme. You did an incredible job combining different patterns in your canvas.Thank you for sharing with us at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and those colours are so soothing and calming! Just like the sea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete