Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Scrap 365 June sketch

Today I have a grungy layout to share with you which I did for the Scrap 365 sketch challenge. This layout features a photo of my kids taken on Mother’s Day, one of the few days I can get them to cooperate in photo taking and I have used Mr Fox Kaisercraft collection again and some Flourish with a Bling. I created the background by stamping around the edge and included some copper heat embossing on the edges and in the middle of the page. I also used a stencil and added some metallic texture paste and finally I flicked some splotches of spray around.
IMG_1891
I love how the white Elise flowers can be sprayed to complement your layout. I have sprayed these two with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Cattail Copper Brown. I also cut off some swirls from the Grace Pearl Flourish in Copper and added them to complement the flowers.
IMG_1892
I also dotted a few individual copper adhesive pearls around the page.
IMG_1893
And here is the sketch that I based my layout on.
JUNE SKETCH CHALLENGE
Thanks for looking.
Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. This looks awesome - love how you've put it all together & those flowers look fabulous:):) I love this photo - I remember seeing it on FB...& your DD has amazing hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve your take on this sketch & the slight grungy feel you've created. Yep, I know what you mean about getting kids to cooperate for nice photos!! It doesn't get any easier as they get older either :(

    I also wanted to thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog regarding my Kaisercraft DT entry...I really do appreciate your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, I love all the different textures and the copper colour is really stunning! Thanks you so much for joining in with the Scrap 365 Sketch challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful layout! Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful work, I really love kaisercraft myself <3
    thank you for sharing it with us at scrap 365 xoxo

    ReplyDelete