Thursday, June 12, 2014

Once Upon a Sketch June challenge

Wow, it's been a busy month and this is only the first layout I have completed. I have picked up a few days work back at my old workplace so that has cut down on my time for scrapping.
Anyway, I've managed to do the June challenge at Once Upon a Sketch. Besides using the sketch the theme was "the best things in life aren't things"
I decided to do a page about dawn. It really is my favourite time of the day. This photo was taken at Lake Wendouree back in the summer when DH and I had the night to ourselves so got up early and went out to capture the dawn. I couldn't really express how I felt about it but found a poem which expressed things nicely. I also journalled about the experience on the back of my layout.
Anyway, here is my take:




And the poem I included:
Ecstatic bird songs pound 
the hollow vastness of the sky 
with metallic clinkings-- 
beating color up into it 
at a far edge,--beating it, beating it 
with rising, triumphant ardor,-- 
stirring it into warmth, 
quickening in it a spreading change,-- 
bursting wildly against it as 
dividing the horizon, a heavy sun 
lifts himself--is lifted-- 
bit by bit above the edge 
of things,--runs free at last 
out into the open--!lumbering 
glorified in full release upward-- 
songs cease. 
And some close ups. I am quite into the metallic look at the moment and went with lots of copper to complement the photo.



And here is the sketch that my layout is based upon:


Thanks for looking

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Love it - I USED to like dawn....but these days the motivation isn't there;) The way you've used that poem is magical, & thanks for letting us know where your other journaling is hidden....that bit of black hessian 'mimics' the reeds on the water REALLY well...clever! Love the whole look of this one - so happy you shared it with us at OUAS....And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith I just love this. I love dawn too but as I am NOT a morning person I hardly ever see it. That poem is just perfect and your photo is breathtaking. Your water colour background is amazing. A stunning layout and I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith, what an amazing photo to celebrate this special time of the day and wow, what a view!! Such a gorgeous layout!! Congratulations on your beautful layout being featured on the Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Love the warm colors who fit the photo perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete