Saturday, December 28, 2013

First trip to the beach - FWAB full reveal

Good afternoon. Hope you all had a good Christmas. We just had a relaxing Christmas day with turkey and the trimmings and our annual game of after lunch Trivial  Pursuit. I even found time to watch some of my new Downton Abbey DVD before lunch! On Boxing Day we got up at 5am and went down to Geelong to take some photos of the sun rise and then hit the sales. We were home by 11am just as the crowds were getting larger.
I can now do a full reveal of my layout that I gave you a sneak of last week.
Summer seems to have finally arrived here in Victoria! I have a summery layout to share of my sons first trip to the beach. It wasn’t so warm that day. We had to wrap him up in a towel to keep warm but eventually he got out and had fun playing in the sand.  I love bright layouts and found FWAB’s Outdoor Range to be perfect for this.
IMG_8971

I have used some of the pieces from FWAB’s Nicky’s Beach Huts. They have quite a shimmer on them that you can just about make out in this photo. Here I layered 2 of the beach huts and added the banner along the bottom.
IMG_8972

I was struck by how the beach hut was arrow shaped when you lay it horizontally. So here I have used one as an arrow and just added a sentiment on top. You would never know it was supposed to be a beach hut!
IMG_8973

Finally, I used the sun from the FWAB Up in the Sky collection.
IMG_8974
Thanks for looking

Judith xx

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous bright layout Judith and I love that you've used the beach hut sideways, it looks great and still in keeping with the beach theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE those beach huts & the colours just scream summer...apparently you had a scorcher down there today, too:):)) glad you had a nice Chrissy...it goes sooo quick!!!!!

    ReplyDelete