Friday, December 6, 2013

CSI Challenge #99

This month I've been playing along with CSI and this is a layout I created for Challenge #99. The photo is of one of my adopted cats Smidge. We often see him sitting up on top of our lattice screen. He started doing it as it thought he could get closer to the birds but without luck.
I created a background using some texture paste and a stencil. Then I washed over it with some watercolour paints to create a subtle blue and green background. I also painted some clouds through another stencil using watercolour paints and then gesso to subdue them a bit.
I handwrote my journalling and added some words in bright orange motex.

Here are some close ups. 
I have used a green yo you flower, and tucked in an orange fabric button under the flowers. I also used some orange twine to attach a little silver cat charm.


I used some pale blue lace that I got in a Purple Pumpkin goodie bag.  


Finally, I added some wood veneer shapes. I added some butterfly wings to the cat to represent  Smidge's desire to fly.

And here is the CSI case file it was based on


My evidence: Butterflies, wood, something silver (cat charm), 6 of something (wood veneer pieces, fabric (button and flower and lace)
My testimony: I used 2 types of writing for my journalling - handwriting and motex labelling. I also used the inspiration words - fly, gaze and reflect.
My journalling reads: Smidge can often be found sitting high up on top of our lattice screen. He sits there gazing down on the world and reflecting on life. I'm sure he wishes he could fly so that he could catch the birds that are so close!

Thanks for looking.

Judith xx

1 comment:

  1. Heehheeee!!!! You ARE becoming the cat Queen!!!!! Love how you've stenciled in those clouds - looks FAB:):)

    ReplyDelete