Monday, November 11, 2013

CSI Challenge #96

It's been a while since I've played along with CSI. I always have good intentions of doing the challenges and often print them off but somehow it has been a few months since I last completed one.
Anyway with a new month I was determined to give the current challenge a go.



I must admit I went a bit over the top with the journalling and it seemed to take over the page a bit.
  I created the background using some texture paste mixed with yellow paint and used a dotty stencil from Kaisercraft. I also found some great background stamps languishing in my stash and decided to give them a run out.  Then I built up some layers of paper and included some ribbon. 
This page is about my stray cat friend Smudge. After being a constant visitor for 18 months, the last couple she has only been coming every other day if that. Last week she didn't turn up for 4 days and was ravenous (to the point of being a bit scary) when she did turn up on the weekend. Nevertheless, I have a huge soft spot for her and am always thankful when she does turn up.

Now for some close ups.
Here I painted a wooden veneer frames black. Within the frame I created a cluster using a MHC Apple blossom flower, an ornate cameo gold frame, a black resin bitty bloom, a red flower from the resin tone on tone flower mix - formal, a black curly resin rose and a pale yellow resin cameo lilypad. 



Another look at the cluster with some spotty ribbon in the background.


Finally, I used some cheesecloth tape and stamped it using Stazon and it worked pretty well.


Trinket Track Products Used






1 comment:

  1. I'd give it a prize - looooove this one...& I'm just like you....keep printing the stuff off...& never quite GET THERE...v frustrating, Good on you for getting this one done...love your 'story' too:):)

    ReplyDelete