Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Scrap Your Story #14 and CSI #74

I started created this layout for Challenge #74 at CSI and when I started to do my journalling the song Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams popped into my head so I thought I'd use that as my title and it went well with Challenge #14 Scrap Your Story which was to use the title or lyrics of a song on your layout.

I wanted to create a 60's feel to the page so found a retro font and some retro flowers and used my Silhouette to cut them out. Yes Lizzy Hill I did use my Silhouette!!



The photos were all taken in July 1969 when my cousin Valarie and Great Uncle Albert were visiting from the United States. I'm the little girl in the photos. I've journalled about their visit. About the moon landing and catching German Measles whilst they were here.

Here's the CSI case file.


My evidence was flowers and metal (2 metal brads in the centres of a couple of the flowers) and my testimony was to document a childhood memory.

3 comments:

  1. wow! such a COOL thing to scrapbook and I love those neat letters and how the photos are in the film strip! awesome! thanks for playing with us at SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinkin' awesome is what this page is! Love that you used heritage photos with the throw-back to a 60s feel instead of traditional heritage colors - and the tie in to the song - well, you rocked this! Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you scrapped a song that brings back memories! Great job and THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US AT SCRAP YOUR STORY :) :)

    ReplyDelete