Monday, June 3, 2013

My first Trinket Track project

Today I'm sharing with you my first ever post for The Trinket Track.

For my first project I thought I'd go down the vintage lane. I have many old family photos that I want to scrap and there are lots of embellishments at The Trinket Track that scream vintage to me.

One such embellishment was the metal vintage rose which was the spark for this whole layout. I just thought it would complement the flowers in my great grandmothers bouquet and hat.
I then chose the ivory camelia. However, the ivory looked a bit too bright with patterned paper so I altered it. I didn't have any spray that matched so watered down some paint and mixed my own colour - turquoise and moss green until I got a colour that matched the teal paper. I topped it off with a half teal pearl. Gradually I built up more of a cluster until I was happy with it.



Here are some close ups of my cluster.
Here I have used a filligree metal flower and added a half pearl as a centre. This is sitting just behind a curly resin rose and some of my own Prima flowers.


The Metal vintage rose with the altered ivory camelia.


The gorgeous Kanzashi flower again with a resin curly rose and metal filligree flower and pearl.



Trinket Track Products Used



Kanzashi bloom - wheat
Loose pearls
Resin curly roses
Metal filligree flowers
8cm Camelia - ivory
Metal vintage rose

No comments:

Post a Comment