Friday, June 21, 2013

Let's Get Trendy Now 3! - Sequins challenge

I recently found Let's Get Trendy Now! - a week long look at current scrapbooking trends run by some very talented scrappers. There were challenges set each day and I thought I'd have a go at one of them. - Sequin challenge.

Recently I was having a clear out and thought I'd check some old CD's to see what they had on them. I was thrilled to find a load of photos taken in 2004 which we didn't have copies of on any of your computers. This layout features some of the photos. I decided to print 4 small ones together as a couple of them are a bit blurry and it isn't as noticeable in the smaller size.


This adorable handmade light denim shabby lolly is from the Trinket Track. I knew the pink button in the centre matched the top my daughter was wearing and the patterned paper I wanted to use. There are actually three lollies to a pack each with a different colour button and come at a great price of $2.50 for the three.


I also used some acrylic heart buttons and tied a piece of hot pink organza ribbon through the holes also available at The Trinket Track.
Confetti is very much in vogue at the moment so I created my own with a mix of sequins (available in the shop), some spare beads I had and a half pearl.


5 comments:

  1. Great to see you playing along over there...it's a FUN site with GREAT scrappers for inspiration, too...love this one & those denim lollies..well, a perfect fit here as well as being almost edible LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...this is such a sweet layout! Love the pink and the sprinkling of those sequins. And the girl is adorable!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww....such cute pics and awesome layout! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now! 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise to stumble across the photos after so many years.
    Love all the pretty pink and the fun scattering of sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooooo fun! LOVING the colors! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Trendy 3!!!!

    ReplyDelete