Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Studio Challenges Feb 17th


The latest challenge at the Studio Challenges  is to create a layout  using no patterned paper and to use washi tape.

At one time I think I would have found this difficult to do but today with the mass abundance of washi tape and other non paper embellishments it is easy.
I began by stamping a gridded background stamp around where my photos were to do and then flicked some red and black ink/mist. I had all these ideas of doing stripes of washi tape but when I put a frame of washi tape around my photos I thought that looked good as it was. I added a couple of strips of washi tape to the top corner. I also stuck some washi tape to some white cardstock and used some die cuts to produce the chevron shape and the star under the button. A couple of Purple Pumpkin embellishments finished it off a treat.


Here's some close ups. Here I used a clown fabric button.


And here I used a pirate button round.


4 comments:

  1. Washi tape is so much fun isn't it!! Your page looks amazing! I love that you've created some chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout, you did a great job with the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the white space on this layout and the simple color combo - fabolous!
    Thank you for playing with us at The Studio Challenges this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute page ♥ love the bold colors and white space ♥ Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

    ReplyDelete