Sunday, February 3, 2013

Scrapabilities Sketch #84

Good afternoon. Hope you're having a good weekend. I managed to get some scrapping done yesterday and came up with this layout for the Scrapabilities Sketch #84 which can be found here
I often print these sketches off with the best of intentions of doing them but this is actually my first entry.
My teenage son is very much into computers and saved all his money to buy some components to build a computer. He had watched all the YouTube videos etc and it only took him a couple of hours to put it all together, if that, and everything worked fine. (Much to our relief).
He actually wanted me to take some photos! I had a play around in Picasa and altered the 4 below using the Holga-ish effect. I ended up using no patterned paper on this one. I wanted to keep it fairly neutral and then add a few pops of colour. So I have used some Little Yellow Bicycle silver cog lace cut cardstock form the Generation collection, some ancient silver Pink Paislee rubons and some silver washers. For my colour I used some Purple Pumpkin embellishments.


 Each set consisted of a vinyl cog, a spotty button and a flag using washi tape and I found some appropriate word stickers.



3 comments:

  1. Oh this is stunning with the black background and the bold colors, awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever son you have Judith and this layout will be a fabulous keepsake for him to have of his first computer build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove your layout! Those manly accents are awesome!! :) Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete