Friday, January 11, 2013

ScrapFriends January sketch

Looking around the internet for some inspiration I found the sketch challenge over at ScrapFriends

I really liked this sketch so decided to give it a go.




I took inspiration from the bottom half of the sketch and scrunched up the top half into the very top. This is a photo of my son at his recent 16th birthday party which was outdoor laser tag. I have used some old Kaisercraft patterned papers for this. I used a Crafters Workshop chevron template and some homemixed khaki paint for the chevrons.



I have also used some Purple Pumpkin goodies. As soon as I saw Sam had the soldier buttons back in stock I nabbed a couple as I knew DS had this party coming up. They were supposed to wear camoflage overalls but it was 37C so too hot. Tucked behind the button is an ecru crocheted doily. I have also used a canvas tag which I painted khaki and stamped with a white ink and a Kaisercraft stamp.



I did a similar thing with one of the kraft tags that the flair buttons are attached to. I also added a metal washer.



Other items used: 
Twittleybitz chipboard chicken wire
kraft corrugated card
MME tag
Cogs from a boys kit from My2Angels
Ric Rac
Tim Holtz ticket
String
Jillibean corrugated alphas



7 comments:

  1. What a stunning boys layout!!!! Love all the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this for a boys layout, the stamping is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background and interpretation of the sketch. A great page for your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabbo boy page....love the texture you've up used here:):): TFS with us at Scrap Friends:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the grungy feel to the this page. Great use of the sketch too :)) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this Judith! Stunning photo and colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cool layout...loving the background work! :)

    ReplyDelete