Thursday, January 17, 2013

Challenge Me Happy Jan 15th Challenge

Challenge #38 over at Challenge Me Happy is to use the song "Somebody that I  used to know" by Goyte and Kimbra as inspiration for a layout. I took inspiration from the title and did a layout about my first best friend Adele, somebody that I used to know. We were friends from about the age of 3 to 12, gradually loosing touch when her parents split up and she went to live 50 miles away with her mum. 



I did some hidden journalling on a tag which I slotted in behind the photo.


I used an old sketch that I found on the Scrapfriends site for the basis for this layout. Angela creates some really cool sketches. I also took the opportunity of hoeing into a 6x6 tablet of paper I had of 23 the Cosmo Cricket Line.

6 comments:

  1. I love the pink and orange colour combo Judith! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith! What a gorgeous page! Luv the orange colours too! Great theme for a page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this page with the funky triangles! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment on my blog. It's encouraging that you have found the same thing - that your son is so much happier at the other school - it's tough coming up with the money for them all to attend though as we are both seeing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Judith! Those triangles are awesome...and I love your beautiful color scheme. Very lovely page! Thanks for playing with us at CMH :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the triangles, really great use of the triangles, thanks for taking part in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Love how you scrapped a childhood friend... love the hidden journalling too. Thanks for playing along with us at CMH!

    ReplyDelete