Saturday, December 1, 2012

Purple Pumpkin December sketch challenge

Welcome to December, where did the rest of the year go?!!. The December sketch challenge is up at Purple Pumpkin and we'd love you to have a go.



Here is my take. I thought I'd go Christmassy. My daughter is mad on rabbits as we have one (Midget) and at the recent Melbourne Sewing and Craft Show we found a stall selling knitted toy patterns and kits but mainly rabbits and bears - Cameron James Designs They were really cute and so I let Eleanor choose one and I said I'd make it up for her for Christmas. She chose Holly Bunny. I ended up buying the kit as I thought if I just got the pattern I wouldn't be as inclined to knit it. It was the first time I'd knitted anything like this and I really quite enjoyed it.


Anyway onto the Purple Pumpkin goodies. Here I have used a red spotty button top and wrapped some red bakers twine around it.



I also used the red bakers twine to hang my red thick stripe washi tape banner on and there's a green ticket you can see sneaking out.


Finally, my top cluster consists of more red washi tape, more red bakers twine, a red spotty button, a older bunny button and a mini wooden heart button.


Don't forget you have until 31st December to link your sketches to the Purple Pumpkin blog to win . There will be 2 prize packs to give away - one chosen by the design team, the other is drawn randomly.


1 comment:

  1. Just love your "Holly Bunny" layout and the colour combination is perfect for a Christmas theme. x

    ReplyDelete