Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Scrap the Boys March challenge

Back with another share today!

I love the colour combo which is the challenge over at Scrap the Boys this month - yellow, blue and green.
Here is my take. The background started life as a white sheet of cardstock that had been used to soak up excess Dylusions spray at the one of the Master's classes I did last year. So there were splotches of lemon zest, green grass and turquoise blue on it. I added some stamping using the same Dylusion sprays and London blue and some Kaisercraft background stamps. I sprayed the Dylusions onto a craft sheet and then swirled the stamps in the spray. The result was a sort of splotchy stamp. I also used some tin lids to get the circles. I then flicked some water onto it and wiped a bit with a baby wipe. I also did some stencilling with my favourite dots stencil and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.


There wasn't really any need for any patterned paper so I mounted the photo on some corrugated card and just added a couple of embellishments - a Charms Creations Heavenly Heart and a Lil' Something flair and some thin twine.


Finally, I added some alphas each side of a Heidi Swapp resist arrow coloured with more chipped sapphire ink.



Loved the background it all created.

Thanks for looking

Judith xx

11 comments:

  1. This is my new fave,.......it is simply PERFECTION on a page...loooove how you've developed the bg....stunning, Judith:):))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Such a fabulous background and page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. your back ground is stunning.. great take on the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled at how this page turned out Judith. So great to see what you've done with it. Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page Judith, the background inking and stamping is very cool. Thanks for playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background looks amazing! absolutely love what you have done with the colour pallet and using up an old sheet of paper started months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS!!! I am a huge dylusions fan and you have totally rocked it. Great layout thanks for playing along with STB's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Page Judith. Love the heavenly heart and the your textured looking background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh very cool page Judith! Love the background work. Thanks for joining in at STB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely LOVE this Judith - that Heart really makes it!!! Your background is FABULOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at STB :) xo Charm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the texture, inking and stamping. Super page. Thanks for joining in with STB's

    ReplyDelete