Monday, August 5, 2013

Scrap Your Story Challenge #22

Hi, just sharing a layout I did over the weekend for the Scrap Your Story which was to use arrows on your layout. I have included lots of arrows on mine - texture paste arrows and some wood veneer arrows from WOW and Studio Calico.
  This is my two kids posing nicely for the camera with Eleanor having her arm around here brother. Not a very common occurrence, especially as they have got older!


I wanted to go with the blue and brown colours of the photo so gathered together a large range of embellishments in those colours. I used quite a lot of Purple Pumpkin embellishments, along with some Prima flowers and rhinestone swirls, a Manor House flower, and some flowers from Dlish Scraps, some sequins and some muslin.

Here are some close ups of the embellishments. 
Here you can see a XL kraft and white fabric button, a mini wooden heart button, a small hedgehog fabric button and  a small blue crochet flower, a blue Prima flower in the middle.


I used a blue felt and lace flower, and another kraft coloured fabric button.


Finally, another picture of the kraft fabric buttons, Manor House flowers and Dlish flowers with 2 crocheted doilies peaking out.


.

Until next time

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the subtle textural arrows in the background. They are so effective! The clustered blue flowers are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture arrow background is awesome, I think I need an arrow stencil now! Love the color palette. Thanks for joining in at Scrap Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what a gorgeous photo Judith. I absolutely love your colour combo and all those gorgeous flowers together like that. Beautiful layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love those texture arrows! Thanks for playing at SYS!

    ReplyDelete