Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Berry71bleu August Challenge

Yay, I have finally managed to create a scrap page this month that WASN'T for a DT assignment. It has been a crazy month with birthdays, anniversaries, Pink concert and various other appointments so I haven't had much time to scrap. However, I really wanted to do the challenge over at Berry71bleu which was to use textiles on your project and they have a great prize from Faber Castell on offer.

So here is my take. I have a thing at the moment for blue and brown flowers together. I think this is my 3rd recent layout featuring them. I think I've finally got it out of my system and am pleased the way this layout has turned out. My main textile was hessian, which I layered under my band of flowers, and under the journal strips and under the flowers on the top. I also used felt to create some roses. The blue Manor House flowers are also made from fabric.





And here are some close ups. 





Don't know if I'll get to do any more challenges this month or whether I should spend my time getting ahead with next months DT work. Difficult decision.

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, REALLY beautiful...especially the sparkling masking ....& those colours really are stunning:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout!! All of the textures and colors work so well together. Thanks for joining the Aug Berry71Bleu Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower cluster! What a pretty page!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete