Monday, October 3, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch Oct 1 challenge

As soon as I saw the criteria for the first OUAS challenge this month I knew I had to do it. The journalling criteria was to writed about 2 noteworthy events that happened last week. So with Miget's operation firmly in my mind I had to do a page about it. The 2 noteworthy events about the whole business were when the vet phoned to say he had come through the surgery ok. There had been a chance he wouldn't make it and there had been a lot of tears in our household the night before and that morning. The other noteworthy event was when he started eating his apple again. That was a signal that his mouth was better and he was on the road to recovery. We still have to give him antibiotics for 6 weeks which has been another trial in itself. The first couple of days he lapped it up straight from the syringe (probably because he was so hungry and it was sore to crunch on anything). Then he decided no he didn't want it anymore. I tried force feeding him with the syringe with some success but it was really too stressful for me and Midget. So, I resorted to putting the antibiotics on bits of toast crusts (which he loves) and that seems to have done the trick. We have had no problems since then. Fingers crossed!!

As you can see the journalling ended up being the main focus of my layout. I used a mix of MME pps, a Prima flower, 2 Purple Pumpkin buttons, 2 Kaisercraft crocheted doilies and a Tim Holtz tag.

13 comments:

  1. WOW u r super organised getting this sketch done so quick LOL!! I Luv OUAS too. I luv ur take on this sketch. Ur journalling is a fantatsic highlight & I luv the papers u have used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at all that journaling! This is what OUAS is all about! Great job! I love the colors and embellies! I hope he gets better and better everyday!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet.....sweet layout!
    I hope Miget gets well soon!!!!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect lo! Love all your journaling! So glad to hear that Miget is on the mend! It can be difficult giving animals meds. We have a bunny too...I fell in love with Miget's pic the minute I saw it! Love your tiny flower/embellie mix. It looks so sweet! Hugs to Miget! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super sweet page! Love your take on the challenge and your journaling too! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judith, that is photo is way too sweet! Your layout is totally gorgeous! Thank you! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photo and wow! loo at all that journaling!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful layout Judith!! I'm glad Midget pulled through and you found a way to give him his antibiotics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE this - yeah - you sure rocked the journaling challenge - well done you!! ANd it all looks so beautiful at the same time - thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sweet hoot and beautiful page. Lve all the journalling you added!!!
    I hope everything worked out fine....
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI.. what a week indeed! our furry friends are like our children.. great take on the challenge.. the journalling is a great way to remember this memory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, such a cute bunny! I'm glad he is okay. I know it can be hard to give medicine to pets, so kudos to you for sticking with it. I also want to say that I love the way you built so much journaling into the page. It all flows really well.

    ReplyDelete