Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scrapz.biz University is in

Scrapz.Biz is running a six week 16 course scrap"degree" course. I quite like to do a new challenge at the beginning of the year and liked the look of the first set of subjects so decided to put my name down. I managed to get the first weeks four subjects done over the weekend.

First up is Media Studies. We had to scrap a LO about how reliant we are on modern technology/communications. Extra criteria were to hand draw a border and include a tag. This was the hardest subject for me this week. I had difficulty deciding what to do but once I'd settled on the modem, it all came together quite quickly. I have used some Studio Calico pp and a mixture of journalling tags.



Subject 2 was Behavioural Sciences. For this we had to scrap about the behavioural characteristics of someone and the extra criteria were to include stitching and a punched item on the layout. I did a LO about DD and used Cosmo Cricket Together pp and elements. I punched squares out of the pp.



The third subject was Architecture. For this we had to do a layout about a home we had lived in and the extra criteria was to include over 100 words of journalling. I used some Basic Grey Wander pp. The chippy lamp post seemed to go well with it and I used a flower from the very talented Nadia Cannizzo, which I won from Show Us Your Stuff.



The final subject this week was Genealogy. My favourite. We had to scrap a photo/photos of at least 3 generations of our family. Extra criteria were to include ink/paint splatters and string. I scrapped this photo of 4 generations of my family - my Dad, brother, nephew and grand nephew on the occasion of my nephews marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment