Monday, March 23, 2015

Scrap the Boys March Challenge

The challenge this month at Scrap the Boys is to use this sketch.



Here is my take:


I have always loved using bright colours and felt this photo warranted them to match the bright colours of the rainbow lorikeet sitting on my son's shoulder. I used a mix of patterned papers from Doodlebug and dug around in my embellishment stash for the embellies.
I used an old Purple Pumpkin fabric button and an old fimo bird on a pin. The wooden button is from Jillibean Soup. The enamel dots were from D-Lish Scraps and I used some star shaped clips and a couple of mini brads to hold down my date.


 I also used a brand new embellie - felt arrow from Charms Creations.


Happy Scrapping
Judith xx



11 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I just love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfectly balanced.....I love the bright colours.....Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and bright, love it Judith! Thanks for paying along with us at Scrap the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the brightness of this layout - thanks for playing along with us at STB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love these bright colours and patterns, what a fabulous way to frame the photo! I only live a few minutes away from where this photo was taken... are you near here or were you on holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright & funky colours in this layout! So much detail to look at. Thanks so much for visiting my blog recently, its so good to be scrapping again! So much inspiration around these days x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally loving the BRIGHTS! Great take on the sketch - Thanks for playing along at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great Judith! LOVE the mix of bright colours you've used, perfect for that pic! (I love Rainbow Lorikeets and have spent many, many days at the Sanctuary in my lifetime - my family has a holiday unit 3 doors up from the front gate!) FAB layout! Thanks for playing along with us at STB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours!!!! Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful page - really love the pops of colour - thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete