Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shabby sunflowers and cork from The Trinket Track

Just sharing  a layout and I card I recently made using the wonderful shabby sunflowers and cork frames available at The Trinket Track now.

For my first project I used the sketch over at Annas Craft Cupboard as my basis. This is one of the first photos shoots I had done of my DS, when he was about 18 months. I've been on the look out for some sunflowers to coordinate with the sunflowers in the photo for ages so was delighted when Monica got some into the shop.
I have tried to create a visual triangle by creating 3 similar clusters of embellishments.



Here you can see the shabby sunflower and a different coconut button.


Here's another close up of the sunflower, along with a coconut button, cork frame and filegree windmill petal which I have tucked in behind the sunflower.



My second project was a card using similar embellishments. I again used the shabby sunflower and placed it between two cork frames.





Monica also sent me some flower pins so I decided to make my own tricket pin by added an acrylic heart, some metal beads and a glass pearl. 


I tucked the pin into the shabby sunflower and added a few beaded white sprays. 


I  added a few more trinkets including a coconut button, a resin curly rose and some metal filegree pieces. 



See you next time

Judithxx

1 comment:

  1. LOVED these ones Judith...sunflowers are such happy flowers...like the combo with the cork, too:):) Saw your hot cold comment on VIC weather...why does it NOT surprise me???!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete