Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top50 Oct CC challenges

I managed to get all the challenges including the mini challenges done in a week.

Here is my take of the mini challenge. We had to produce a card/LO smaller than 12x12 which included the word 'home' or 'made'. I decided to do a popup card using mostly Echo Park 'Life is Good' range of pp.



For challenge 1 we had to do a layout about a kids creation and include eyelets or paperclips, twine, buttons and foam tape. I finally got to use my Sassafras Lass Nerdy Bird pp. I bought it when it first came out and haven't been game to use it but pleased with how this turned out. I have also used an apple button from Purple Pumpkin and a birdie from Chip Chop Shop.







For challenge 2 we had to produce a hand drawn sketch and do a layout based on it. We also had to use ribbon and at least 3 pp.

Here is my sketch:



And here is my layout. I used a lot of ribbons from Oct Craft Queen ribbon club.



Challenge 3 was to do a layout on any theme, include 3 handmade elements (could be bought), gingham or checks and machine/hand stitching.

This is DD in her Grade 6 production performing I do like to be beside the seaside. My handmade elements were the banner (made from ribbon and paper string), the pinwheel and a cute boat with sails from the Chip Chop Shop. I also used some cute ribbon from Craft Queen.


For the final challenge we had to do a LO about something we had made ourselves instead of buying it. Extra criteria included hidden journalling, PP background, mixed alpha title and at least 5 brads.

My layout is about a signature bunny I made for DD for when she graduates from primary school in December. I used Kaisercraft Konstruct PP for this and a cute bunny fabric button from Purple Pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. You've done really well Judith. You're layouts are all fabulous. Congrats on getting them all done. :)

    ReplyDelete