Monday, July 13, 2009

Scrapbooking Top 50 Xmas in July Cybercrop and Blog hop

Another site that is having a Xmas in July Cyber Crop is Scrapbooking Top50. This is running from now until 17th July with entries to the challenges not due until 28th July. Details can be found in the forum here

For those participating in the blog hop did you find the hidden phrase beginning with C? Next you need to go to a royal scrappers blog. Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know you've been by.


I have managed to get 3 challenges done so far as well as the mystery challenge which took place on opening night on Fri 10th July.

This was for the mystery challenge, which we had to upload by midnight and we were only given the criteria about 8pm - produce a Christmas card using red and white scraps, ribbon and a stamped image. I'm not normally a night scrapper but managed to whip this up in half an hour. I had been making a Christmas card earlier that day so used some of the scraps from that. I ran some through my Cuttlebug to emboss. The patterned paper is BG Wassail and the stamps are Hero Arts and Kaisercraft.



This is my take on Challenge 1 a blind Christmas card challenge.



Challenge 2 was a this 'n' that challenge, where our criteria was determined by 4 numbers we had chosen earlier. Mine corresponded to - use a quote from a movie or song on your layout (I used the chorus from 'So beautiful' by Joe Cocker, which I journalled around the edges of the pp); use pp from 3 different manufacturers (I used Fancy Pants - summer soiree, Rosa Moka - Mec and Kaisercraft - Offshore); make your own flowers or flourishes out of pp (I made some fan flowers instructions can be found here on Helen Croft's blog); finally I had to layer flowers and ribbons.



Challenge 3 - Just one word saw us having to use the word 'GIVING' in the title and at least one technique. These are photos of DS when he was a toddler (over 10 yrs ago now!) and I have used Prima Dude pp.





8 comments:

  1. Found it, but no I hav enot yet figured out were to go, will have to drop in back at Top50

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on some great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clue Judith, and i love your work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, think I got the clue right!!
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judith, great cards. I also like the page you did on giving Mum a hand!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the cards and you have scrapped up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous work, great variety. Here as part of the scrapbooking top 50 blog hop. I haven't figured out the phrase as yet but great checking out everyones blogs, I will visit again soon

    ReplyDelete