Friday, August 24, 2012

Long overdue update

Oh, it has been a while since I updated my blog. Strange really, since I last updated I have been made redundant from my part time job so am at home full time now. One would think I had more time! However, I was sick for a couple of weeks and August is always a busy month as we have lots of birthdays. Speaking of which the layout below is about my DD's 14th birthday party which was last weekend. She is keen to go to France in Year 10 with her school so to get in the mood she had a French themed party where everyone had to wear red, white and blue. 
I have created this layout for the August challenge over at Purple PumpkinInstead of the usual sketch challenge, this month they have a Recipe challenge. The following ingredients need to be somewhere on your page...

  1. Paint - blue paint
  2. Use a Button - PP spotty button
  3. Add some twine- red
  4. Include some fussy cutting (I have fussy cut an Eiffel tower and a tag)
  5. Spray ink - red in my background
  6. A flower- resin flowers
  7. A doiley- blue PP doiley
  8. Use two different alphas for your title - yes



7 comments:

  1. You have matched the photos with the embellies perfectly!!! I love the chevron background and the twine circles!!Great job!!Thanks for playing along with us at PP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh lala very nice, thanks for playing along with us at PP

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowsers!! The chevron looks fantastic, the clusters of embellies are amazing!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chevron pattern , colour combination is great.all embellishments work well. Great layout.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Love this so much!!! Awesome layout!!! Thanks for joining us at PP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Gorgeous!!! love it thanks you sooo much for playing laong with our recipe challenge on PP xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colour theme and PP embellishments..thanks for playing along at PP

    ReplyDelete