Thursday, August 11, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Firstly, thanks to all those that made the crafters market at Top 50 so successful. I did a roaring trade. I've also spent the last 2 weekends at the Open for Inspection at The Block. The first week there were 30,000 there and we queued for a couple of hours but left without seeing anything. This last weekend DD and I went early and the queue was only 50m long. We had a fun morning. DD got her photo taken with nearly all the contestants and Scotty Cam and also got autographs, a free Block cap and teeshirt. The busyness continues with DD's 13th birthday looming on the weekend and a party for 13! Tomorrow I'll be cleaning the house and baking including making a rabbit shaped cake.

So I haven't had much time for scrapping. But I did manage to get one of the challenges done over at Scrapbooking Top50. This was Sue's challenge which was to use a colour combo - blue/yellow or pink/green. I opted for the blue/yellow. We also had to use muted forms of these colours, a punch or die cut and paint/glimmermist or ink. I used white paint and marshmallow glimmermist but they are difficult to see.


Also here is the reveal of my last weekly challenge as Guest Designer at Scrapz.biz. I had a scrap it blind challenge and here is my final layout using Little Yellow Bicycle - Sweet Summertime.


4 comments:

  1. That would have been so interesting to see The Block IRL.
    It's been great having you guest Dt with us at Scrapz. Your pages have been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are fabulous Judith!! Love what you've done for Sue's challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your layouts Judith! Your take on Sue's challenge looks great and I love the fun colours of the second one.
    Happy birthday to your DD. Wow! To turn 13 on the 13th and have 13 guests. Sound like a great party to me. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts look wonderful Judith!!! and all of your guest dt pages were awesome :) I sure would have loved to have a peek inside the block houses and I'd love to see a pic of the rabbit cake :)

    ReplyDelete