Saturday, September 26, 2009

No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth

I have just been rather busy and have just come back from a weeks holiday in Perth. We had a good time. We did and saw heaps. The weather could have been a little better. It was rather windy and there were a few showers but we did have some nice sunny days too.
I decided to enter the Scrapbook Savvy DT comp so that is what all my scrapping energy has been going into the last 3 weeks. It has been a great comp with some really challenging challenges.

Week 1

For the first challenge part 1 we had to create our own challenge and do a sample. The criteria I chose were
- use at least one circle
- use at least 3 photos
- include a bird somewhere on the layout

Here is my sample



The second part of the challenge involved being allocated someone elses challenge. I got Hayles whose criteria were:
- produce a 12 x 12 layout
- include at least 3 embellishments
- include a hand made embellishment
- title must be a song title from the 1980's.

Here is my sample.



Week 2

This week we had to pick a product/s that are on sale in the Scrapbook Savvy Store and then we own and produce a review of that product. I chose to do the Sassafras Lass Monstrosity Line. Unfortunately, I only had 3 of the 6 papers but did have the journal stickers and sweet treat stickers too. I was able to produce 3 layouts and 2 cards showing the versatility of this line. In fact I really enjoyed using this line and will have to get the missing papers I think.
















Week 3

This was the most stressful for me, as I didn't come back from Perth until 8.30pm on Wednesday and the challenge was due in Friday at noon. DH was home Thursday and we had lots of things to do and I had an appointment on Friday morning plus DD was having trouble sleeping so didn't get much sleep Wednesday night. However, I managed to complete the task with hours to spare.
Our challenge this week was to produce a layout using the Scrapbook Savvy banner for inspiration. We also had to:
- produce a layout about ourselves
- include the quote 'She was an artist and her life was her canvas' on the layout
- include handwritten journalling
- include a handmade flower
We also had to provide step by step instructions on how to produce the flower.
Here is my sample:

Now Sar has the decision to choose 2 new DT members. Don't know how I'll go as there were some talented ladies also taking part. I think I gave it my best shot and it was great experience.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all your pages Judith - shame not everyone can be on a DT hey - but at least we still get to see your awesome work at Savvy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Judith,you terrible girl,you didn't come say hi in perth!!hope you had a nice time while you were here!

    ReplyDelete